- For explanation of warranty and policy
adjustments, forms, procedures, and reimbursement rates, consult the Warranty
& Policy Manual issued by Ford Motor Company.
- Variances between amounts claimed and amounts
reimbursed should be charged to Account 7050,
Free ServiceNew, unless the variance is specifically attributable to
the parts department, the service department or body shop, in which case the
variance should be charged to one of the following:
Account 7650, Policy AdjustmentsParts;
or Account 7850, Policy AdjustmentsBody
Shop; as appropriate.
- Form FMC 19, Warranty & Policy Register
reflect outstanding claims in an amount equal to the balance in this account
plus Account 1142, Warranty Credit Advance.
- Unpaid claims should be reviewed regularly,
with particular attention to those over 60 days old. Unless action is to be
taken to resubmit denied claims, they should be written off.
- The amount of the Warranty Credit Advance, for
statement purposes, should be shown as a memo item on line 10 in the space
provided adjacent to the Ford ReceivableW & P
Claims, Account 1140.